This page lists some links on employment and stammering generally (mostly not legal). There is a separate page of links to important guidance on the Equality Act, including Codes of Practice..
- British Stammering Association: Employment index page, which includes links to:
- The International Stuttering Awareness Day Online Conference 2000 includes a very interesting section on The Real World of Jobs. There are papers by several people who stutter telling of the path they took in attaining their career goals, plus questions to the writers and answers. (On my website, see Examples of jobs done by people who stammer.)
- Job interviewing when you have a speech impediment (link to askamanager.org) - United States.
- Interesting papers on the ELSA website involving questionnaires of employers and people who stutter in Denmark: Stuttering and Communication - What is Going Wrong and Stuttering and Labour Market.
- Stuttering, Employment and the ADA by Thomas David Kehoe, on the US position but with interesting general stuff and practical advice on applying for jobs.
- How To Advocate for Yourself and Overcome Discrimination (link to stutterlaw.com) - by William Parry, a US attorney who stammers.
- Stuttering: Answers for Employers, from the Stuttering Foundation of America but with much that is useful in the UK and elsewhere
- How to Handle Job Interviews in 'Stuttering' Wikibook, to which anyone can contribute.
- Stuttering and work: I can do more than stutter... - translation of Dutch leaflet on stuttering and employment.
- Disability and work: A trade union guide to the law and good practice (pdf) - booklet by the TUC, updated for Equality Act 2010.
- Accomodation ideas for stuttering - from 'JAN', the Job Accomodation Network (American).
For web links generally on stammering and disability discrimination see the links page.
Homepage | Equality Act in outline | Meaning of "disability" | Employment | Goods and services | Education | Human Rights Act | Proposed changes | Advice | Links | What's new | Site index | Privacy (cookies) | Disclaimer
© Allan Tyrer 1999-2018
Last updated 10th August, 2012 (partial update 24th October 2018)